I am PRETTY excited. On Sunday night I signed up for home delivery groceries from Green Earth Organics. Here are a few reasons why this is so fabulous:
1) I get box full of fresh, organic, locally grown fruits and veggies.
2) I DON’T have to go to the grocery store in this mucky weather because it will be delivered to my door!! I also don’t have to haul heavy potatoes and onions on my back to get home.
3) The fixed price is pretty sweet – no ugly surprises at the cash register, so I can budget accordingly.
4) NO plastic baggies! There is an overflow under our kitchen sink. Even though I usually try and bring cloth bags for groceries, sometimes I forget.
5) The Challenge of it! It’s kind of like a mystery box (even though I know what I’m getting) full of things I might not normally buy and figuring out what to make from it.
TOMORROW’S box includes:
Feb 26-Mar 2
1 lb Russet Potato
1 lb Yam
1 lb Yellow Onion
Red Leaf Lettuce
2 Bosc Pears
3 Kiwi Avocado
3 Navel Oranges
3 Red Delicious Apples Lemons
I think the crossed out things are the only substitutions I made. I also added a bag of chickpeas to my order, and I’ve never made hummus from the dried stuff, but the canned chickpeas are too salty. Exciting day!